Books to Buy
Students are not required to buy these texts, but they are responsible for having a copy for their sole use during the course. The Library provides a book exchange for students to pass on books they no longer need to other students, and is located in the library office. Please consider donating gently used textbooks. Identify any book to be dropped off for the swap so that they can be marked. Donation to the swap is not necessary to take books from it.
Recommended texts are those from which not enough reading assignments are drawn to warrant asking students to provide their own copies or those that instructors think will enhance a student’s appreciation of the subject matter of the course. Any reading assignments drawn from these texts will be available on reserve.
Below are links to required or recommended texts available in an electronic format. For physical reserve items, please refer to the course syllabus.
- 2 Articles on Anxiety by Clader and Daily Mass Preaching by Heile
- Catechism Quotes on the Interpretation of Scripture
- Code of Canon Law Quotations for Preaching
- God’s Mercy Endures Forever: Guidelines on the Presentation of Jews and Judaism in Catholic Preaching
- Historical Criticism by David Bartlett
- Imagination and Preaching by David Lose
- Preaching as a Prayer not a Performance, I
- Preaching as a Prayer not a Performance, II
- Preaching as a Prayer not a Performance, III
- Moralism by Sidney Greidanus
- Nationwide Analysis of Online Sermons
- Nostra aetate
- On Preaching Morality by St. Vincent Ferrer
- Preaching as a Spiritual Exercise by Robert Morneau
- Preaching Out of the Overflow by Cleophus LaRue
- Self-Disclosure by G Lee Ramsey Jr
- Homily as a Bridge by Fr. Eric Zegeer