Books to Buy
Students are not required to buy these texts, but they are responsible for having a copy for their sole use during the course. The Library provides a book exchange for students to pass on books they no longer need to other students, and is located in the library office. Please consider donating gently used textbooks. Identify any book to be dropped off for the swap so that they can be marked. Donation to the swap is not necessary to take books from it.
Recommended texts are those from which not enough reading assignments are drawn to warrant asking students to provide their own copies or those that instructors think will enhance a student’s appreciation of the subject matter of the course. Any reading assignments drawn from these texts will be available on reserve.
Below are links to required or recommended texts available in an electronic format. For physical reserve items, please refer to the course syllabus.
- Annus qui (1749)
- BCL Newsletter Jan Feb 1968
- De musica sacra et sacra liturgia (1958)
- Divini cultus (1928)
- Mediator Dei (Pius XII)
- Musicae Sacrae Disciplina (1955-Pius XII)
- Musicam Sacram (1967)
- Sacrosanctum Concilium (1963)
- Sing to the Lord (2007) USCCB
- The Music of the Spheres (Robert Reilly)
- Tra le sollecitudini (Pius X)
- USCCB Guidance on Music Lyrics 12 10 20