Description from Faculty Handbook: The Faculty Development Committee promotes the intellectual and spiritual life, professional competence, and the collegiality and collaboration among the academic faculty of the Seminary.
- Purpose – The committee accomplishes its charge by organizing activities approved by the Academic Dean which are designed to encourage and support pedagogical excellence, ressourcement, scholarly investigation, intellectual virtue, and pastoral and ecclesial service. Such activities may involve colleagues within the Seminary and the broader community of scholars and teachers outside of the Seminary.
- Membership – The Faculty Development Committee shall consist of four members, representing both the Theology and Pre-Theology Cycles. Members shall be elected at Academic Council meetings to serve two-year terms. The committee selects its own chair each year.
- Responsibilities – The committee organizes faculty colloquia, in-services, days of recollection, and workshops. The committee has an annual budget to cover expenses for professional development events and to support its functions.
- Dr. Carl Vater, Chair – Pre-Theology Member (elected May 2018, expires May 2020)
- Dr. Terrence Wright – Pre-Theology Member (elected May 2019, expires May 2021)
- Fr. Antonio Caballero – Theology Member (elected May 2019, expires May 2021)
- Dr. Sean Innerst – Theology Member (elected May 2019, expires May 2021)