Click here for the Course Syllabus.
Books to Buy
Students are not required to buy these texts, but they are responsible for having a copy for their sole use during the course. The Library provides a book exchange for students to pass on books they no longer need to other students, and is located in the library office. Please consider donating gently used textbooks. Identify any book to be dropped off for the swap so that they can be marked. Donation to the swap is not necessary to take books from it.
- Patricia Ranft, Women and Spiritual Equality in Christian Tradition (New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2000).
- Barbara J. MacHaffie, Her Story (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1986).
- Aime Georges Marimort, Deaconesses: An Historical Survey (San Francisco: Ignatius, 1986)
- Ann Brown, Apology to Women: Christian Images of the Female Sex (Leicester: Inter-Varsity, 1991).
Recommended texts are those from which not enough reading assignments are drawn to warrant asking students to provide their own copies or those that instructors think will enhance a student’s appreciation of the subject matter of the course. Any reading assignments drawn from these texts will be available on reserve.
- Sample Recommended Text Here
Below are links to required or recommended texts available in an electronic format. For physical reserve items, please refer to the course syllabus.