The St. John Vianney Theological Seminary embraces the long tradition of forming outstanding men for the priesthood. We foster parishes and communities in the act of charitable giving. We are a Seminary that seeks to better itself through ongoing reconsideration of programs and curriculum and investment in extraordinary seminarians, faculty and administrators. The St. John Vianney community’s generous support is crucial to us remaining a proven leader in Catholic Seminaries.
As a result of past philanthropy SJV has been successful in creating a new space for the Spirituality Year House. Upon opening in May 2010 the House was almost filled with new seminarians wishing to become priests. We had 26 men move into the Spirituality Year House the first year.
Above all St. John Vianney Theological Seminary is a work in progress. We have had great success in the past, but excellence means taking the lead in keeping up with the needs of our seminarians and faculty in a rapidly changing world.
Thank you for your interest in sustaining our mission “Responding to the Lord’s command to go and make disciples of all nations and under the apostolic vigilance of the Archbishop of Denver, the mission of Saint John Vianney Theological Seminary is discernment of, and unified formation in, priestly identity marked by an intelligence of heart, with men called to proclaim Jesus Christ and build a civilization of love in persona Christi Capitis. Likewise this community forms deacons and lay faithful to live as holy men and women in the Church’s mission of the New Evangelization.”
Annual Seminaries Appeal – November 4 -5 , 2017
The Annual Seminaries Appeal enables and emboldens us, as the Catholic community, to support the formation of men for the priesthood and to make known the love of Christ in the world. Every charitable act is rooted in this love, rooted in the Eucharist. Due to the gracious gifts by the community the Appeal has raised over $500, 000 to date. It is evident that the donors realize the importance of forming men for the priesthood. We all thank you for your generosity.
Reasons to Give to Your Seminaries
- There are 2 seminaries located on the grounds of the Archdiocese of Denver.
- St. John Vianney Theological Seminary and Redemptoris Mater House of Formation
- Currently there are more than 100 men studying to become priests here.
- The men have been drawn from families of the Archdiocese, the nation and the world.
- The Seminaries have achieved national recognition for excellence in all aspects of priestly formation.
- St. John Vianney and Redemptoris Mater officially opened their doors in September 1999 and spring 1996 respectively.
- 93 men have been ordained since September 1999.
- The annual operating budget for the seminaries is approximately $5.9 million
- For more information about how critical your donations are to the men in formation, please check out http://www.sjvdenver.edu/.
New Harvest Capital Campaign
Endowment funds provide ongoing support for St. John Vianney Theological Seminaries and our programs. Thanks to the generosity of numerous donors over the Seminary’s history, our endowment totals more than $22 million as of as of June 30, 2013.
Many named endowment funds and faculty chairs receive ongoing support from the St. John Vianney Theological Seminary community. However, opportunities for establishing new endowment funds are always available. For information on establishing a new endowment fund or contributing to an existing fund please contact, Jean Finnegan at The Catholic Foundation at: 303-468-9885.
St. John Vianney Theological Seminary is grateful for the time and talents provided by members of our community. For more information about how you can get involved as a volunteer, please contact a staff member listed below. Thank you!
Meet the Development Team
The Catholic Foundation Alliance