Materials for Course Reserves
- Are selected by SJVS faculty.
- May be either Cardinal Stafford Library-owned, the instructor’s personal material, or online/electronic formatted material.
- Can only be checked out at Cardinal Stafford Library and must be returned to the Cardinal Stafford Library Course Reserves Desk.
- Can only be checked out by registered library patrons
Reserves have four loan periods: 2 Hour, 2 Hour In-House Use, 1 Day and 3 day. These loan periods are designated by each faculty member who places the material on reserve. Please consult your checkout receipt for the proper return time of reserve material.
- 2 Hour In-House Use material may only be used in the library
- Regular 2 Hour loans, 1 Day and 3 Day material may be used outside of the library
- Regular 2 Hour loans may be kept overnight if checked out less than two hours before the library closes
Overdues & Fines
Fines for reserve items are:
- 2 hour and 24 hour loans: $1.00 per hour to a maximum of $20.00 per item
- 3 day loans: $5.00 per day to a maximum of $20.00 per item
Reserve fines accrue even during hours when the library is closed. On holidays, however, fines will not accrue. Professors will be notified if material for their courses is excessively overdue.
Holds & Renewals
Patrons cannot renew or place holds on reserve material. Patrons who wish to continue using reserve material after it becomes due must wait at least one hour before checking out the material again in order to give other users access to the material.
Returning Reserves Materials
Course Reserves are only checked out at Cardinal Stafford Library, and must be returned to the Cardinal Library Course Reserves Desk. These materials should be placed in the book drop at the Circulation & Reserves Desk, or handed to a staff member at that desk. Course Reserve items returned to any other location will not be checked in until received at the Cardinal Stafford Reserves Desk, and any late fines resulting from improper return of Reserve materials are the responsibility of the borrower.